Freitag, 13. Januar 2012

Microsoft CRM Outlook Client and Update Rollup 11 (UR11)

Microsoft CRM Outlook Client and Update Rollup 11 (UR11)


Last week Microsoft released Update Rollup 11, which I had been patiently waiting for to see how it works with Outlook 2010. I am happy to report that it delivers the goods!
I have had Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on my laptop for a while but I was not happy with how the CRM Outlook client worked on UR10. Instead of adding the “Track in CRM” and other related CRM buttons on the home tab in the ribbon, it added a new tab called “Add-Ins” and put all the CRM functionality there. As a heavy Outlook client user, this simply didn’t work for me because every time I wanted to do something with CRM I had to click on the Add-Ins tab first. Very annoying.
Outlook Client UR10 – Uses Add-Ins Tab
OutlookClient-UR10
When Microsoft released UR11, the first thing I tested was to see if they fixed this problem. Great news, the all of the CRM functionality including the critical “Track in CRM” button is now front and center on the home tab!
Outlook Client UR11 – CRM Functionality on Home Tab
OutlookClient-UR11
Even better, you can play around with the Ribbon to customize the location of the CRM section and move it further to the left in the ribbon if you want (clicking the up arrow moves the ribbon section closer to the left side of the screen). You can access this menu by right-clicking on the ribbon and selecting “Customize the Ribbon”.

OutlookClient-UR11-Ribbon
(Side note: What the heck does the Chinese Conversion section do? I don’t see it on the ribbon at all, weird.)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Free Samples By Mail